Our client is the UK’s most awarded care home provider, with 150 homes across England, Wales, and Scotland. Guided by their company values of care, passion, and teamwork, they work together to create environments for individuals to live fulfilling, rewarding, and happy lives. If you are looking for a rewarding role to further your career while having a positive impact on the community, our client would be the perfect fit.
As they look to help more individuals across the UK, they are looking for a Development Project Manager to join their team and work under the Lead Development Manager ensure effective delivery of new build Care homes to agreed standards, specifications, timescales, and budget on a national basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER
- You will provide professional input and guidance to internal colleagues for each project from design and evaluation stage.
- You will instruct and manage as necessary Consultants at relevant project stages to deliver the project in line with business objectives.
- You will manage contractors and supplier relationships and performance and ensure schemes are appropriately resourced to meet programmes.
- You will attendance at monthly progress meetings and design meetings as required as client representative.
- You will liaise with internal colleagues to ensure appropriate design freeze timescale are achieved and information relayed to contractors.
- You will communicate updates on progress and financial performance internally and externally.
- You will assist in developing the property team capabilities and performance to ensure structure is able to deliver programme effectively.
- You will manage and report on financial expenditure monthly to funders and monitoring surveyors.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- The Development Project Manager must have a relevant degree (Chartership, IOSH, or equivalent desirable)
- The Development Project Manager must have substantial experience in delivering project related services to a multi-site portfolio of new buildings.
- The Development Project Manager must have experience exercising budgetary control with good understanding of financial management across Revenue, Capital expenditure.
- The Development Project Manager must have a full UK Driving Licence and their own vehicle.
- The Development Project Manager will have a sound understanding of building construction and M&E services.
- The Development Project Manager must have knowledge of industry legislation, guidelines, and Health & Safety in relation to property and workplace matters.
- The Development Project Manager must understand CAFM systems and have excellent IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- The Development Project Manager must have experience dealing with technical submissions, contract negotiations, and budget management. (Understanding of JCT Contracts desirable)
Location: Remote with Nationwide Travel