Our client is the second largest M&E subcontractor in the UK with an estimated turnover of 300M this year! With various projects all over the UK and Europe, the candidate would be joining a very impactful and exciting team.
As they increase in project wins, they are eager to expand their in-house design capacity and are seeking an Associate Mechanical Engineer to lead projects from an MEP perspective. With a project portfolio including Commercial, Data Centres, Retail, Pharmaceutical, and Laboratories there is ample opportunity to work on multi-million-pound projects.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer include:
- Providing design support to a team of Mechanical and Electrical design engineers, including hands on support if needed.
- Overseeing all MEP aspects of small to medium sized projects assigned.
- Attending design team meetings and acting as the bridge between the MEP team and client.
- Ensuring multidisciplinary collaboration between the Mechanical and Electrical team.
- Understanding and implementing industry standards, regulations, and protocol.
- Keeping up with industry trends and technology to ensure effective and efficient completion of each project.
- Ensuring the mechanical team is suitably resourced for planned objectives and all personnel are suitably equipped for the and that all aspects of engineering within the mechanical (and electrical) discipline have been carried to an acceptable standard.
Skills and background requirements:
- The Associate Mechanical Design Engineer will have previous experience at a small to medium sized contractor or consultancy.
- The Associate Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience running an MEP project in previous roles.
- The Associate Mechanical Design Engineer will understand the commissioning aspect of projects.
- The Associate Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience with RIBA stages 3,4, and 5.
- The Associate Mechanical Design Engineer will come from a building services background, including projects such as: Commercial, DC, pharmaceutical, labs, education, or high end residential.
- The Associate Mechanical Design Engineer will be experienced in Hevacomp and HVAC
- The Associate Mechanical Design Engineer will have a UK right to work and be willing to commute to the office 4 days a week and for any days on-site days.
Some more details:
- 5K Car allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Bonus scheme
- 37.5-hour work week -> 4pm finish on Fridays
4 days in office, 1 day from home